Saturday, May 9, 2009

I Am Humbled

It has been a week from .... Not a day has gone by that I have not been brought to tears with pain. But each tear shed reminds me how lucky I am to be surrounded by friends and family that seem to know exactly what I need and when.

Wether it is my dear friend Connie, Jamie or Dina; all of whom at one point or another, I had to ditch at the last minute. Each in their own way saying exactly what I needed to hear at the moment.

Or my sweet Aunt and cousin, quietly directing me to the most comfortable chair and just sitting peacefully with me. Knowing that ignoring the reality of the situation is my only coping mechanism at the moment.

Or my wise daughter scooping up her brother when I am unable to carry him or whisking him away from the situation where I can hide my pain. Knowing that I don't want him to worry or to miss out on account of me.

And my husband, filling in everywhere that I am missing. Taking care of everything I can not get to.

And many many many others. Your kindness has not gone unnoticed. I am humbled by your love.